The Second Level Support Service (SLSS) will continue to provide support for Chemistry and Physics in Senior Cycle. The Second Level Support Service is dedicated to supporting the professional development of teachers in second level schools.
The following modes of support are offered to physics and chemistry teachers during 2004-2005.
- Two issues of the magazine ‘Physical Sciences’ will be circulated to all second level schools during this academic year. We would welcome articles for the magazine. These may be forwarded to the respective coordinator.
A consultation service by phone, fax or email is available.
- The updated Physical Sciences website, www.slss.ie contains more resources and news of upcoming in-service and events. We invite you to log on and update your email address if you wish to be informed by email of upcoming in-service events.
- A limited number of school visits, resources permitting.
- Regional support meetings will be supported.
- Modular courses. The advent of modular courses has allowed for innovative and imaginative sharing of practice and professional dialogue among teachers. The modular courses focus on the teaching of the syllabus in the classroom.
Summer 2004 Newsletter
Download it here
Download it here
Downloadable as Word documents
The PSI Newsletters can be viewed/downloaded as PDF.
Issue 1 (Summer 2001)
- Issue 2 (Autumn 2001)
- Issue 3 (Summer 2002)
Issue 4 (Summer 2003)
in the School Laboratory
An error has been spotted in this document. On p124 (SULFURIC ACID) -
please delete the line "Class 2 carcinogen.
Should not be used in second level schools." The downloadable
PDF has been amended. If you have printed this document please reprint
Sciences Initiative CD
This CD is a “Snapshot in Time” of the PSI website taken in
May 2002 and contains the support material generated during the first
three years of the Initiative.
out for the and icons
throughout the site.